Before now, at the Federal Science and Technical College (FSTC), Ilesa, a coeducational school that is focused on the all round development of youths, exposing them to a learning environment that will facilitate their development into responsible and impactful members of society, providing a complete scope of learning and incorporating an all inclusive curriculum combined with the best instructors in an effective learning environment with a student population of about 1400, but of less than 100 of Ijesa origin.
Now, 78 Ijesa compatriots and sponsors with access to the above information have taken the bull by the horns and positively change the narrative by successfully completing the process of admitting 250 Scholars derived from the six Local Goverment Areas in Ijesaland into the college beginning from October 2023/2024 academic session and terminating in 2025/2026 academic session as IjesaNews has confirmed from the letter written to Ijesa Community Development Assembly (ICDA) on this.
Also attached is the list of the 250 Scholarship Beneficiaries.
Similarly the ICDA has fully documented the offer of scholarship and acceptance of scholarship to the lucky candidates.
The school has made a formal demand for the payment of school fees in respect of the 250 successful students.
This however came with additional financial charges the school has levied on each student which is N261.25k per student.
This amount we were told is the cost of Remita Portal (A Federal Government Revenue Collection Portal) as all payments to the school are expected to be made in favour of Federal Government accounts through the account provided by the school, which is contained in the attached letter from the school.
The good news is that all the Sponsors would not have to pay the total sum of N65,300 accruing from the Remita Portal charge as the FSMC has decided to offset this sum from the bank interest earned on the scholarship fund (N25m) fixed with the bank in the last two months.
The FSTC Scholarship Management Committee (FSMC) has initiated the process of effecting the payments as requested by the school ahead of the school resumption on Monday, 9th October 2023.
Very soon the FSMC will generate the Certificate of Honour (at no cost to the scholarship account) to all the esteemed 78 Sponsors so that they can have full profiles of their respective sponsored scholars for their records and mentoring.
LIST OF THE 78 DISTINGUISHED IJESA COMPATRIOTS AND SPONSORS OF YOUTH VOCATIONAL SKILLS’ STUDIES AT FSTC, ILESA
1. OMOOBA NIRAN OLAYINKA : 25 scholars
2. ASIWAJU YINKA FASUYI: 10 scholars
3. ENGR SAMUEL ADEWOLE: 10 scholars
4. ENGR FOLORUNSO ESAN: 10 scholars
5. MR ROTIMI OGUNBIYI: 7 scholars
6. YEYE ASIWAJU DR OLUBISI FASUYI: 6 scholars
7. ERELU OLUSOLA AGBEJA-OBADA: 6 scholars
8. ERE-IJESA COMMUNITY SONS AND DAUGHTERS: 6 scholars
9. MR SUPO SHADIYA: 5 scholars
10. BAMOFIN BUNMI ADEOYE: 5 scholars
11. ENGR. AYOOLA ODEYEMI: 5 scholars
12. ENGR OLABODE ESHO: 5 scholars
13. PROF DOSU OJENGBEDE: 5 scholars
14. ENGR AYODEJI ODEYEMI: 5 scholars
15. CHIEF MUYIWA ADUROJA, SAN: 5 scholars
16. ENGR YEMI OGUNTOMINIYI: 5 scholars
17. ANONYMOUS (No 1): 5 scholars
18. PROF (PRINCE) WOLE AJIFOLOKUN: 5 scholars
19. ANONYMOUS (NO 2): 5 scholars
20. BARR. DIPO KOMOLAFE: 5 scholars
21. PROF WALE AWODIYA: 5 scholars
22. CHIEF OLUGBENGA OBI-FARINDE: 5 scholars
23. MR MUYIWA KUPOLUYI: 5 scholars
24. MR AKINTOYE OMOLE: 5 scholars25. ANONYMOUS (NO 3): 4 scholars
30. MS FOLASADE ILORI: 3 scholars
LIST OF 250 SCHOLARS THAT HAVE BEEN OFFERED SCHOLARSHIP